Department of Electrical Engineering
Greater Kolkata College of Engineering & Management
B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral), Diploma
Department of Electrical Engineering
MAKAUT Affiliated & AICTE Approved
To impart knowledge through outcome-based teaching –learning process with the output of globally commendable Electrical Engineers with high human values contributing towards economy and society.
M1. To produce industry-ready professionals in Electrical Engineering, and achieve excellence through educational program incorporating skill-based teaching-learning process and contributes in the fast-changing development in Engineering.
M2. To provide suitable platforms to enhance the creative talents of students and faculty member through research and development.
M3. To encourage students for entrepreneurship programs and partnerships with different segments of the society and provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities to contribute for the socioeconomic development of the nation.
On behalf of our students and faculty, it is my privilege to welcome all of you to the Department of Electrical Engineering at Greater Kolkata College of Engineering and Management (GKCEM) under JIS group, Baruipur, South 24 Parganas, West Bengal. We take pride in our faculty, a team of highly capable and dedicated professionals, most of whom have academic and industrial experience and degrees from leading universities of the India. We provide ample opportunities to our faculty and students, through in house trainings, workshops and trainings outside the college campus for further growth and development in their areas of expertise.
We at EE Department are committed with the following objectives:
- The Department has taken up the task of developing competent Electrical engineers of high quality, capable of facing various challenges of the power situation in the country
- To produce graduates who are able to apply the technical skills which they have learnt in the department in order to serve the State and National Industries and PSU’s.
- To produce graduates with the necessary background and scientific skills to work professionally in several fields in particular with IT Industries and Power sectors.
- To train and encourage the graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team environments.
- Prepare and train the graduates who are proficient of maintaining and improving their technical competence through enduring learning, including entering and succeeding in an advanced degree program in a field of Science & Technology
- We are actively involved in research and publication in national, International Journals and Conferences by our staff and students. We incorporate stronger ethical and enterprising values in our academics to face new challenges in the area of Electrical Engineering.
On the whole, we are committed towards creating and erecting professional graduate community which is vivacious and provides continuous learning. We Encourage students, parents, prospective faculty member to go through the information provided on the website and join us.
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering (4 Years)
Lateral B.Tech in Electrical Engineering ( 3 Years)
Diploma in Electrical Engineering (3 Years)
- “An Approach to Interior Lighting Design for a Heritage Building”, Anubrata Mondal, Kamalika Ghosh & Suchandra Bardhan, “The Association of Engineers”, JUNE 2015. (Vol. 85, No. 1&2, 2015 & [ISSN 0368-1106]).
- “An Approach to Interior Lighting Design to Control Lamp and Luminaries for a Heritage Structure”, “International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering & Research”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, June 2015. (Volume 2 issue 6, Impact Factor-1.711 & [ISSN 2393-8161]).
- “A study on the Energy Efficient Interior Lighting System of a Heritage Building”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, “International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research”, January-2018, January, (Volume 5, Issue 1, 2018, [ISSN: 2394-3386]) UGC Approved.
- “Some Studies on the Fading Effect of Lamps on Archives”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, “Journal of the Asiatic Society”, June 2019 (Vol. LXI No. 1 & [ISSN 0368-3308]), Peer Reviewed & UGC
- “Studies on Germicidal Benefit of Ultra Violet Ray upon Old Paper Documents” ,Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, “Light& Engineering Journal”,September 2019, ([ISSN 0236-2945], Vol-24,Issue-4, Page-17-24, Scopus Indexed & SCI, Peer Reviewed & UGC Approved. (Included UGC Care List: Group-A)
- “Proposed Safe Distance between objects & Artificial light sources in Historical Building or Museum in terms of Conservations”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, “International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering”, ([ISSN: 2278-3075] Volume-9 Issue-1, November 2019, Page-4047-4052), Scopus Indexed, Peer Reviewed & UGC Approved. (Included UGC Care List: Group-A)
- “Some Studies on the Composition of Ultra Violet rays in Visible Light from Various Light Sources”,
Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, “Lux Pacifica Proceedings”, International Conference, Nov-2015.
- “A study on the Energy Efficient Interior Lighting System of a Heritage Building”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, 2nd International Conference on Advancement in Engg., Applied Science & Mgmt., (ICAEASM-2018), Venue-Hyderabad, Conference proceeding -28th January,2018.
- “A Proposal for Disinfection of Contaminated Subject area through Light”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Science & Technology (TECHMEET 2020)”, sponsored by IEEE DEIS Kolkata Chapter, IEEE SPS Kolkata Chapter, IEEE PES Kolkata Chapter, IET Kolkata Local Network in association with Apple Academic Press (A Unit of CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group), USA, to be held at Pailan College of Management & Technology on 21st & 22nd August, 2020.
- “An approach to energy efficient lighting design for an economic residential building block”, Subhasish Das, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, International Conference on “Sustainable Energy Solutions for a Better Tomorrow (SESBT 2021)”,Venue-VIT, Chennai, Conference proceeding-23rd&24th July,2021
Book Chapter Title: “A Proposal for Disinfection of Contaminated Subject area through Light”, Anubrata Mondal & Kamalika Ghosh, Book Name: Advances in Data Science and Computing Technology – Methodology and Applications, Taylor & Francis Publications with Apple Academic Press, Hard ISBN: 9781774639979.
Title: An approach to Energy Efficient Lighting Design for an Educational Building blocks (Typical Area: Seminar Room, GKCEM)
Project Fund: 1.55 Lakhs (Idea-O-Meter, JIS Group, Idea code: IDEA/00069/2021)
Principal Co-Ordinator: Dr. Anubrata Mondal
Indian Design Patent filed on Paddy Cutter. Patent application no. 352804-001 dated 09/11/2021